Saturday, August 11, 2007

Graybar new hire

Have you ever heard of Graybar Electric Co.? I hadn't either till May of this year when I applied for a job there. Well I got it and started on June 11, 2007. Graybar is a Fortune 500 company with branches all over North America. We are an employee-owned company that is a "provider of electrical and telecommunications service solutions and products." Seattle is the NW District headquarters.

I work in the Financial Department. My job is quite diverse, which I like, so it is hard to explain what I do. My main duty is that of financial manager for about 300 commercial accounts. I establish creidt lines, ensure payments are made, and do a lot of problem solving to resolve payment issues. I also create financial reports, set up new accounts, and work with other departments as it relates to finances, especially accounting.

I realize this may sound boring to a lot of people, but I enjoy working with numbers and analyzing things so I have been enjoying my job. As well, I am getting the experience I desire which I believe will help prepare me for my long term goal of doing Business as Mission.

No comments: