Saturday, December 25, 2004

What we did for Christmas

We went to the traditional Candlelight Christmas Eve service at the Chapel. Then we went to the Hospitality House where we (Me and Trish) stayed up till about 3 am (others stayed up till 5 am) playing games, watching movies, eating sweets, chatting, and just having an all around festive time. So we all spent the night there and then opened presents mostly that family had sent, or in our case, from one another. I made four grain pancakes for breakfast and then we did more of the same as last night for most of the rest of the day. Also, me and Curtis also went to the onsen (hot spring). And, me and Trish went with Curtis to Hachinohe (neighboring town) to deliver a package to a missionary family where we got a tour of their church and garden and ate dinner at a favorite restaurant.

I missed seeing my family for the second year in a row, but I am blessed to have so many close friends here to share this special time.

No comments: