Sunday, December 19, 2004

What???

What???

It is a strange phenomenon in Japan how they use English. This sign is perhaps my favorite, glaring example. They are actually trying to say "Japanese people only." You would think that if they are going to spend money on making a sign that they would have it proofread. But, no, this is the norm. Another thing they have are shirts with English writing that make no sense or are just awkward sentences. One of mine reads, "I love the banana its cheap but its not free." Even American companies like Nike sometimes have weird sayings in their advertising. I don't get it... do you?

We probably do the same thing with Chinese characters in the States. They may look neat, but the may just say, "vital core fact funk," like one of Trish's sweatshirts.

1 comment:

ME said...

This totally cracked me up. I am sitting alone in my apartment and laughed out loud. I would love to have a shirt that says I love the banana... Totally funny.