Tuesday, November 23, 2004

To China and Beyond

On Thanksgiving day we are heading to China. It seems so weird to say "I'm going to China." It seems so exotic. We have it all planned out except for three of the ten days of the trip. We can't decide what to do, but settled on deciding once we get there. One possibilty is taking a train to the border with North Korea. We are interested in someday living in China so I am anxious as to how this trip might effect that desire. We will be meeting with an American professor, Lonnie, that has been teaching and living there for a while so I hope to glean some insight from him. We are also spending two days with a British friend, Tania, who taught English here in Japan and is now teaching it there in China. I am interested in teaching English there so again I hope that yields some good information. Plus, we are going to have loads of fun...

No comments: