Monday, January 17, 2005

Overwhelmed

So this month I feel a bit overwhelmed. At work, I am in the middle of 3-week, 6 hour-a-day Korean refresher that saps a lot of my brain juice and that concludes with a test that if I score high enough, will get extra money. Outside of that, I implemented a new exercise program at our command that I am trying to make sure goes smoothly. Last week, I had to chair a board that selects the Junior Sailor of the Year and the following day had to sit a board to compete for Sailor of the Year. I won't find out if I won till February 11th.
I am studying for the Principles of Accounting CLEP test that if I pass, will complete my BS in Business Administration. I am also studying a test-prep for the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) that I need to take for my application to Mars Hill Graduate School. I am going to take these two tests in Tokyo on Saturday because that is the only place in Japan I can take them. I am taking an overnight shuttle bus on Friday (8-10 hour drive), taking the tests, and then taking the bus back on Sunday morning. I have also been putting together my application for MHGS which requires two thoughtful essays.
Also consuming my toughts is what to do in the near future. We have been trying to work it so that we can go to Korea for a one-year tour so we have been back and forth with those that can make that happen. If that doesn't happen and we can get out of the Navy, it looks like we will head to Seattle this summer.
On top of all that and most importantly, I have been preping for a baby, making sure we have everything we need, reading up on birth, and just mentally preparing for the inevitablly joyous,life-changing experience of being a father.
I have moments of feeling stressed out, but overall I am feeling happy and enjoying the challenge. Plus, I still had time to go snowbaording on Saturday.

No comments: