Saturday, February 05, 2005

Dear Roxy

Dear Roxy,

Only a few more weeks and I will get to hold you. I have been eagerly waiting for that day. I realize that my life will never be the same after your birth, and I am ready. I like change, and I love adventure. With you in our life, I am sure everyday will be an adventure. For me, it will be full of discoveries in fatherhood, awe of life, and a growing love for you, my first child.

I really hope that I will be a good father to you. I want you to be able to look back on your childhood with gladness, full of fond memories, lessons learned, and strong relationships forged. I know for sure you will have fun. We are going to have so much fun together and as a family. Along with the fun, I want to lead you to a strong faith in God. I want to be an accurate reflection of God for you so that you will have a healthy image of your heavenly Father. I want to teach you how to make wise decisions and give you the tools to lead a successful life.

I wonder if a lot of parents think they are going to be the best parents ever? Well, I think that sometimes, but I know parents mess up and that I will too sometimes. However, I promise I will do my best to care for you. You will never lack love.

There are so many things that I want to share with you and teach you. I am excited, and rest in the fact, that I have the rest of my life to do just that.

I love you,

Dad

1 comment:

David McLaughlin said...

Hey dude,
Your going tobe such a cool dad. All her friends are gonna be jealous:) BTW, Roxy is an awesome name. I almost said Roxy rocks, but I'm sure you'll hear plenty of that.