Saturday, March 12, 2005

Miraculous. Emotional. Unforgettable.

Miraculous.  Emotional.  Unforgettable.

The miracle of birth. We've all heard it before, but it now has so much more meaning to me. The possibility and intricacies of birth are amazing. I stand in awe of God's creation.

Trish was incredible in labor and delivery. She handled everything so much better than I could have ever imagined. I am so thankful to God and the prayers of our friends and family. I know they helped us throughout the process. It's hard to explain, but easy to understand that I feel so much closer to Trish. I feel our relationship is deeper and stronger just from that one moment of birth.

As I knew we would, we cried when Roxanna came out. Since then I cried a few more times and got choked up a few times on top of that. I love tears of joy and I love being a father. I cannot imagine anything more memorable or special than that glorious day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it is a Dinkins thing or what? This crying thing! I have had to read the last blogs in private due to my outrbursts of tears. Wow! I'm a Great-Uncle.
It's hard to belive that Tiny little Pauly Wally Doodle all the Day is a Daddy. Stop reading this and go change that Diaper.

David McLaughlin said...

Hey Paul,
Your such a sweety pie:)

David McLaughlin said...

Hey Paul, Your such a sweety pir:)