Monday, March 21, 2005

New Furniture

New Furniture

We splurged. Ever since I saw a Japanese step chest almost three years ago, I've wanted one. Trish also picked out the Tibetian armoir at the "Far East Bazaar" on base. Both pieces were made in Korea though. The step chest is actually three pieces, two of which are constructed as steps, and you can place them any way you want. We have them stacked for the time being.

I have a hard time buying things like this because I always think that I really didn't need it and could use the money in a better way such as supporting a missionary. It is a struggle that I am not sure where the balance might lay. We support missionaries so I am not buying things instead of giving, but we could always do more. We are still saving money as well so we can definitely afford it. It may just come down to my convictions, but I guess I am not sure what my true heart is telling me.

No comments: