Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Talking Rain

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- After 22 consecutive days of measurable rain, Seattle is closing in on a record so dismal even forecasters in this city famous for its gray skies are complaining.
With more wet weather predicted over the next several days, Seattle may soon break a record set in 1953. The city saw 33 consecutive days of measurable precipitation then -- the most since the National Weather Service office there started tracking rainfall in 1931.
Though Seattle is famous for its rain, the city's average annual rainfall from 1970 to 2000 was 37.07 inches, compared to 49.71 inches for New York City.

2 comments:

Krista and Christopher said...

I have been meaning to email you to comment on the rain. I hear about it every day in the news! WOW! If it makes you feel any better... Toledo Ohio has more CLOUDY days than Seattle a year.. I know in the winter it often goes over 30 days without sun! Now that is also quite the Downer!! I will be keeping track of that rain! Thinking of you guys! Miss you!

David McLaughlin said...

Ooooo. tuff bra. I sympathize with you. I wish I was there, I bet Seattle would be bright then, since I'm such a funny guy and all. I would let you fart in my face just so you could smile:)