Sunday, May 21, 2006

Opposites do Attract!

This past Thu-Sat I had my first class this summer, all of which are "intensive" format, Spirituality of Leadership in Org I. It's hard to summarize a course, but I will say I feel it was impacting as well as enjoyable (if you're okay with entering the pain of leadership). Our professor, Ron Carucci, started us off with an interesting definition for leadership, "the ability to disappoint people at a rate they can absorb."

As for the title of this entry, we took the DiSC Classic, a behavioral personality profile test that has been around 41 years. I have an Objective Thinker Pattern. Anyway, Trish took the test at home and without seeing my answers didn't choose a single one the same as me out of 56 possibilities. Needless to say, we were opposites in every category. Her pattern is called Inspirational.

So what does all this mean? I don't know, do you?

1 comment:

SuJ'n said...

"the ability to disappoint ppl at a rate they can absorb." wow - would you agree with this definition?

you're the third couple i've encountered in as many weeks who say that they are complete opposites in personality profiles. the other two couples say that their relationships are very difficult (require immense negotiation) and very rewarding. to the degree that they can communicate and meet each other's needs, they find they enjoy the complementary aspects of their differing personalities. what would you say for your relationship?

best,
suj'n