Sunday, May 29, 2005

Camping Trip

Saturday we headed south and went to Rysendo Caves with Dan and JB Blauwkamp. It should have been a three hour drive, but with feedings (one Roxy, one adults) it took four. We rented a "bungalow" then headed to the cave which claims to have the third largest underground lake in Japan. It was about a 45 minute walk-through with the water being the most interesting part. The rest of the evening we kept a fire going for about four hours while we ate all sorts of tasty camp food goodness. The night was clear and I witnessed the most stars I've seen here in Japan.

In the morning we took our time, ate more tasty goodness, packed up, and then hit the road for a drive along the coast. We stopped at Kitayamazaki Point where we have been once before, and is the best view of a coast I have seen, save Big Sur. This day, however, was foggy. The lookout at the top was obstructed by the fog, but Dan and I trekked down about 700 stairs to the shoreline where the view was still awe-inspiring.

Then back to Misawa it was. I love camping, but the preparation and clean-up upon return is so draining. Until next time when I forget the trouble...

No comments: