Sunday, April 30, 2006

Roxy Log

  • Stood up unassisted first time April 26th - now officially a walker
  • Sign language performed with accuracy to date (also understands verbally): more (Roxy's definitions include feed me and give me something else to eat I don't want this), milk, diaper, and done
  • Commands audibly recognized: kiss (gives opened-mouth), hug (prefers hugging stuffed animals over us), peek-a-boo (elicits slapping her own face), and unfortunately she does not understand "no" YET
  • Words spoken (in which she knows what she is saying): dada (debatable), what's that, cat, dog, duck, sock, and she combines many syllables which sound like sentences but are just baby talk

2 comments:

Marc David said...

A word of advice: Avoid telling her "no" altogether, as once she has figured out what it means it will be all you hear.

Curtis Sutton said...

I'll be upset if the next word on the list of speakables isn't "Currt-Dawg." I mean, she's half-way there, already!