Saturday, April 01, 2006

Where have we been?


The main reason that I haven’t posted in a while, besides being generally busy, is that we do not have internet at home anymore. We cancelled it in conjunction with our landline - saving money and cutting down on the distraction. I have internet access at school and Trish has it at work. Plus, there are wifi connections here and there. Right now I am at the library working on a research paper.

In regards to my last post, Roxy has recovered well and is back to being as active as ever. This week we started Roxy in daycare, http://www.eldc.org/, for one day a week to give her some interaction with more kids and structured “development” and give me some time to get school work done so that I don’t have to stay up so late and can have more time to spend with Trish when she is home instead of doing catching up on what I couldn’t get done during the day watching Roxy. Wow, that was an impressively long, grammatically correct sentence. Or is it not correct? I figured out that I was spending at least forty hours a week giving Roxy undivided attention or taking care of her in some way (laundry, making baby food, etc.). Although fulfilling, it still means I am “working” a full-time job and going to graduate school full-time (I actually take 2 more credit hours than full-time). Needless to say I have some stress in my life. Stress can be good and bad and so it is with me.

2 comments:

Marc David said...

As long as you keep sending me cool articles I am happy. Anyhoo, if you have time read this you might find it interesting.
http://www.stupidchurchpeople.com/2006/01/we-just-dont-know.html

David McLaughlin said...

Awe Paul, I'm sorry about the stress though. I hope the daycare can relieve some of it:) Looks like things are going okay for you, BTW, that was an impressively long sentance:) Hey, I think my girlfriend can burp longer than you! We'll have to find out at our wedding...jeez, I gotta call you...