Friday, June 17, 2005

Conclusion

Do you ever struggle with just how does God lead or guide you? I sure do. How do you think God's leading plays in to the following:

Over two years ago I overheard Don Weber and Jeff Wills talking about a book in which the author described an ideal ministry training institute. I had been thinking about going to a seminary when I got out of the Navy so later on I asked Don about this conversation. It turns out the author was Brian McLaren with whom I was not, but now am, familiar. I wanted to find what seminaries, if any, that McLaren would recommend because I liked what I heard about his non-traditional view. Don also wanted to know and decided to look in to it. For some reason Don was unable to get me an answer. A couple months later I decided to do an internet search on McLaren. That led me to his church web site in which I came across the fact that he was on the board of Mars Hill Graduate School in Seattle. So I looked at their web site and liked what I saw: contextualization, community, diversity, and more. I shared it with Don and he was equally excited. So much so that he ended up applying, being excepted, and taking a one-week intensive class. So after about a year and a half of praying, contemplating what to do after the Navy I applied to MHGS in January and on August 22nd I will begin my studies. That's my story. Do you see God's hand?

No comments: