Sunday, June 05, 2005

Random Update

Nothing big to write about, but I wanted to post. On Friday, our request for an early out was approved by our commanding officer and faxed to Pensacola to be approved by "big Navy." It should take 2-4 weeks to hear back. Rest assured, I will tell you when we have an answer. We were expecting our CO to sign it so no surprise there, but now the real wait begins.

In other news, my poison ivy has painfully spread over all parts of my body. I have used everything to ease the itch: cortisone cream, hemorrhoid cream, calomine lotion, alcohol, hair dryer, hot water, and clearasil. I have been good about not scratching, but it keeps spreading. The worst is on the back of my neck and the tops of my hands, and oh yea, my ankles. If it's not better tomorrow, I'm going to the hospital.

Also, this is my first blog from our new computer. We bought a Sony Vaio laptop. We bought now because we like Sony, had a $100 off coupon, will get a $100 rebate, and as always it's tax free at the BX. We have been thinking about getting a getting a new computer for a while. I've had the one we've been using three years, and it has been flaky for a while now.

3 comments:

David McLaughlin said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaz

Anonymous said...

Fill bathtub up with water and as many ice cubes as you can. Then soak for releif. Hot water some times feels good but slows the healing and actually increases spread. Go to hospital and get steroid shot.

Curtis Sutton said...

Dang. Poison Ivy is the worst, especially if you're talking about that movie with Drew Barrymore. Ew!