Saturday, June 11, 2005

Jesus in Japan

According to the people of Shingo, a small town about an hour drive from here, Jesus came to and was buried in Japan. In fact, they have a burial mound to deify him that you can visit. I first heard of this legend over two years ago and today I finally visited the "tomb." According to the legend Jesus came and lived in Japan from the time he was 21 to 33 to learn about divinity from the sages. Then he went back to Judea and was rejected. When they crucified him, his brother Isiori (or something like that) casually took his place and then Jesus traveled back to Shingo, Japan and had a family of eight kids and died at the age of 106. Strange, huh! Of course, most Japanese don't believe, but the people of Shingo supposedly do.

1 comment:

Curtis Sutton said...

Nice. I so wish I could have made it over there before I left.